Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Illogical Belief


Luke 9: 37 Now it happened on the next day, when they had come down from the mountain, that a great multitude met Him. 38 Suddenly a man from the multitude cried out, saying, “Teacher, I implore You, look on my son, for he is my only child. 39 And behold, a spirit seizes him, and he suddenly cries out; it convulses him so that he foams at the mouth; and it departs from him with great difficulty, bruising him. 40 So I implored Your disciples to cast it out, but they could not.”

41 Then Jesus answered and said, “O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you and bear with you? Bring your son here.”42 And as he was still coming, the demon threw him down and convulsed him. Then Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit, healed the child, and gave him back to his father.

============

Praying wasn’t uncommon for me, but this time it was more serious. Someone very close to me was very ill with a life threatening disease. Prompted to pray, I kneeled down and cried out. “Please!”

  • There have been many times when life was overwhelming to me.
  • There have been many times when things around me seemed to get out of hand.
  • There have been many times when I felt helpless and felt I had nowhere to turn.


A father came to JESUS begging HIM to heal his son from a demonic hold. The disciples tried to rid the boy of the evil spirit, but could not. JESUS simply spoke and the boy was healed.

  • GOD says to me “MY power is greater than any unclean power.”
  • GOD says to me “Do not be afraid, for I AM with you.”
  • GOD says to me “Have faith and believe and you will see and do great things.”


Believing that GOD will take care of physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual matters sometimes seems like too much to bear. I mean it is illogical to believe in demons causing physical problems that obvious research and science can explain away. BUT GOD says “believe.”

JESUS created everything, yet we as humans believe humans are the center of existence. GOD wants me to have faith in the spiritual realm and credit everything to HIM rather than random chance or an unlucky “universe.” HE is my healer and I am forever grateful to GOD.

  • Are you facing something difficult that is thoroughly out of your hands?
  • Do you feel like giving up?
  • Will you stop trying to be logical and allow GOD to fill you with HIS SPIRIT today?
  • Will you be healed by GOD by allowing HIM to penetrate your heart?



No comments:

Post a Comment