Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Hearing Aid


Luke 9: 43 And they were all amazed at the majesty of God.
But while everyone marveled at all the things which Jesus did, He said to His disciples, 44 “Let these words sink down into your ears, for the Son of Man is about to be betrayed into the hands of men.” 45 But they did not understand this saying, and it was hidden from them so that they did not perceive it; and they were afraid to ask Him about this saying.

============

“Blah, blah, blah, “Savings”, blah, blah, blah, “Don’t get in debt”, blah, blah, blah something about credit cards were the words I did not really listen to. I went out and bought a bunch of clothes anyway. I mean I had to look good, right?

  • There were times when I did not listen.
  • There were times when the warnings were in front of me but I could not hear.
  • There were times when I was told exactly what to expect but could not listen.


For a second time, JESUS makes it very plain that HE would be betrayed and murdered. HE said this right after healing a boy and raising a girl from the dead. “How could anyone touch a person who did such miracles?”, were probably the words rolling through their minds. HIS words did not sink in.

  • JESUS wants me to hear these words “I love you and I AM protecting you.”
  • JESUS wants me to hear “I have a plan for you that you may not understand, but it is great, if you follow MY commands.”
  • JESUS wants me to know “I love those who love ME by loving others.”


Sometimes the simplest messages are the hardest to hear. JESUS simply wants me to tell people “HE loves them” but this simple message is block by sin, worry and confusion. Sometimes when I cannot hear these words, it’s because I have either done something wrong or I’m too worried to listen.

GOD wants me to have peace in the middle of the storm. HE guides me to faith when the impossible seems to be in front of me. HE leads me besides still waters and restores my soul.

  • Are you too worried about life that you cannot hear the words of GOD?
  • Do you think your situation is too great this time?
  • Are you absolutely too tired because things do not seem to be going your way?
  • Will you listen to GOD today and know HE loves you with all HIS heart?


No comments:

Post a Comment