Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Big or Small


Luke 9: 18 And it happened, as He was alone praying, that His disciples joined Him, and He asked them, saying, “Who do the crowds say that I am?”

19 So they answered and said, “John the Baptist, but some say Elijah; and others say that one of the old prophets has risen again.”

20 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”
Peter answered and said, “The Christ of God.”

============

Ashamed of asking for forgiveness I decided to shrink away. “I’m tired of feeling pitiful” I thought to myself. Things weren’t going as well as I would have liked them to and to top it off, I was being told to confess how wrong I was to this “GOD” thing. I decided I had enough. I would try to fix things on my own.

  • There were times when I thought very little of GOD.
  • There were times when I thought GOD was just like other humans.
  • There were times when I thought I could fix “me” better than GOD.


JESUS asks two very important questions to HIS disciples “Who do the crowds say I AM?” and “Who do you say I AM?” The disciples answered, “The crowds say YOU are special, but still only a human with gifts.” Then Peter said “YOU are THE CHRIST of GOD” which was the right answer.

  • JESUS wants me to know HE is THE CHRIST who redeems the world.
  • JESUS wants me to know HE is the only way to salvation in this life and eternity.
  • JESUS wants me to know HE is THE SENT ONE from GOD.


If I can leave GOD then my view of HIM is extremely small. In reality, I can never get away from HIM because HE is too large to get around. HE is all knowing, all seeing and is everywhere. HIS power is infinite and HIS love the same.

When I think HE cannot forgive me “this time” then I have forgotten how large HIS love truly is. The same goes for my doubts of HIS deliverance from trouble, or HIS disbelief in the plan to prosper me. I make GOD small when I do not believe. BUT GOD is forgiving and says to me “All I need is a little faith and I will do the rest.” I am glad GOD is infinitely huge and loves me.

  • Who do you say JESUS is?
  • Do you feel your problems are larger than HIS love for you?
  • Will you allow HIM to be larger than any human plot against you?


No comments:

Post a Comment