Friday, September 14, 2018

Too Powerful


Luke 9: Now Herod the tetrarch heard of all that was done by Him; and he was perplexed, because it was said by some that John had risen from the dead, and by some that Elijah had appeared, and by others that one of the old prophets had risen again. Herod said, “John I have beheaded, but who is this of whom I hear such things?” So he sought to see Him.

============

Watch the water rise was all I could do. It had rained seemingly nonstop for days and now the area was flooded. Stopping by the edge of the river I noticed the current picking up heavy branches. Nothing could stop the water.

  • I have seen rivers flood entire towns.
  • I have seen rivers wipe away heavy buildings.
  • I have seen rivers push their mighty force on anything in their path.


Herod thought he could have a peaceful rulership by getting rid of those who spoke of someone who could be more powerful than him. His envious, suspicious, devious nature got the best of him so he had John the Baptist murdered. BUT GOD was still there.

  • GOD shows me HIS power cannot be stopped.
  • GOD shows me HIS word is permanent and cannot be prevented from spreading.
  • GOD shows me HIS will is impenetrable, irreversible and impeccable.


The Good News about CHRIST is too powerful to stop. Like a rushing river, it wipes out those who try to stand is HIS way. HIS protection of me is the same. Those who try to harm me befall a terrible outcome as GOD steps in with HIS might. JESUS is too powerful to stop. I am grateful for HIS rescue.

  • Is your life about you or JESUS?
  • Do you think blessings are held back from you?
  • Will you stop thinking GOD is powerless and watch HIS mighty river pour down on the enemy who is no match for HIS torrent?

No comments:

Post a Comment