Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Rejection Purpose



Luke 9: 21 And He strictly warned and commanded them to tell this to no one, 22 saying, “The Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day.”

============

Girls lined up on one side and guys on the other was the set up for failure I feared when walking into the dance. It seemed like the room grew larger as I walked across the empty space to ask someone to dance. When the word “No” came out I embarrassingly ventured back to the laughing and pointing.

  • There were times when I was rejected and felt embarrassed.
  • There were times when I was rejected and my feelings were hurt.
  • There were times when I was rejected and I was not listened to.


JESUS tells HIS disciples and others around them that HE must suffer, be rejected and eventually killed by those who supposedly led various churches. This sad news was coupled with the reason. JESUS would be raised on the third day.

  • GOD wants me to know when I am rejected by humans, HE has accepted me.
  • GOD wants me to know that HE will never reject me because I believe in HIS SON.
  • GOD wants me to know life will be full of rejection but HIS love for me is everlasting.


Suffering, rejection and death were the gifts given to the CREATOR by HIS humans. Many times I give GOD these gifts by refusing to follow HIM or trust HIM or believe in HIS power over my situation. BUT GOD stays faithful in HIS love for me.

HE decided to take my punishment for me while providing HIS love towards me. It is up to me to accept what JESUS did for me or reject it. I accept HIS loving gift with open arms! Human rejection stings, but is temporary. GOD's love for me endures forever.

  • Are you rejecting JESUS?
  • Do you feel you can do life on your own?
  • Will you stop rejecting HIS guidance and allow HIM to root out the things that do not belong in you?
  • Will you ask JESUS to be your Savior and protector today?




No comments:

Post a Comment