Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Decisions


Luke 8: 22 Now it happened, on a certain day, that He got into a boat with His disciples. And He said to them, “Let us cross over to the other side of the lake.” And they launched out. 23 But as they sailed He fell asleep. And a windstorm came down on the lake, and they were filling with water, and were in jeopardy. 24 And they came to Him and awoke Him, saying, “Master, Master, we are perishing!”

Then He arose and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water. And they ceased, and there was a calm. 25 But He said to them, “Where is your faith?”

And they were afraid, and marveled, saying to one another, “Who can this be? For He commands even the winds and water, and they obey Him!”

============

With sheets of rain pounding against the car I gripped the steering wheel in anguish. “LORD what should I do?” I said. Through the extremely poor visibility I could see the flashing lights of people who had pulled over. “Keep going” were the strange words I could hear. “YOU are kidding!” I thought, but I obeyed. About a five miles later it wasn’t raining at all.

  • There were times when the storm seemed so big that I felt I would never make it out.
  • There were times when the winds of life hit hard and it seemed like there would never ba an end.
  • There were times when the torrents of problems flooded my life.


JESUS was asleep when a huge storm hit as they were crossing a lake. This was a big problem as it seemed like there was no escape. Water beneath and water falling from the sky meant there was no place to go. JESUS rebuked the wind, then asked “Where is your faith?”

  • JESUS wants me to base my decisions on HIS protections.
  • JESUS wants me to base my decisions on faith not on what I currently see.
  • JESUS wants me to base my decisions on HIS promises to be with me always rather than what I am currently worried about.


Deciding to follow GOD seems difficult at times. I mean the problems of life can sometimes present themselves as huge and out of control. BUT GOD says something different. HE says “I AM in control of the largest storm, I can certainly handle any problem you face.” GOD wants me to go through the storm and come out the other side with faith.

  • Does the storm you are facing seem huge and out of control?
  • Does it seem like there is no way out of the storm?
  • Can you place your trust in GOD and decide to have faith in HIS wonderful plan HE has for you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment