Friday, August 31, 2018

Family



Luke 8: 19 Then His mother and brothers came to Him, and could not approach Him because of the crowd. 20 And it was told Him by some, who said, “Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, desiring to see You.”

21 But He answered and said to them, “My mother and My brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it.”

============

“Stay and eat” said one of my mothers as my stomach growled. I gladly accepted the offer. “Come bowling with us” said one of my fathers as I was getting ready to go home. “Wow, these people are generous” I thought to myself.

  • I used to think my relatives were only blood relatives.
  • I used to think my only family were those I would visit on occasion.
  • I used to think my relatives were those who were supposed to be in my corner.


JESUS increases the number of HIS relatives by saying “MY mother and MY brothers are these who hear the word of GOD and do it.” In other words, relatives do not have to be paternally or maternally driven.

  • GOD wants me to seek to increase the “family” by bringing people to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to be generous so I can increase HIS “family”
  • GOD wants me to see the people around me can be part of HIS “family.”


GOD’s family is not limited by blood relations. HE opens HIS door to those who believe in JESUS as their personal savior. Those who do are adopted into a wonderful family that follows HIS will and serves others as HE guides them to do. I love being adopted in this wonderful family!

  • Has your family disappointed you?
  • Do you wish you were born of a different family?
  • Can you forgive relatives who have hurt you and welcome people who follow GOD into your spiritual family today?


No comments:

Post a Comment