Thursday, August 2, 2018

Simply Be


Luke 6: 37 “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

============

Asked to interview for the position, I felt delighted and suspicious at the same time. “They will not like me” I said to myself. I looked at their “evil” “sneaky” “low-down” ways and automatically said, there is no way I want to work with “these” people. I had no idea they wanted me to work on changing the culture.

  • When I judge people I make assumptions.
  • When I condemn people I may be missing out on opportunities.
  • When I treat people as throw away, then I am measuring them.


JESUS says some very difficult words to absorb. HE breaks through the natural act of self-preservation by teaching people not to judge or condemn people too fast. HE knows humans use filters that may be inadequate to truly assess the situation. HE has different expectations.

  • JESUS wants me to be generous instead of judging.
  • JESUS wants me to speak life instead of pouring out poison.
  • JESUS wants me to recognize the need for forgiveness so I can recognize that I need to be forgiven.


Blindness comes from a judgmental condemning attitude. Soon, no one can meet “my” standards. BUT GOD wants me to behave differently. HE want me to “Welcome”, “Edify”, “Build”, “Forgive” and “Love” as I want to be treated by HIM.

Here is another way to put it… Each thought I have and action I do, I am saying to GOD, “Please do the same to me.”  GOD gives me an abundance of what is in my heart.

  • How do you treat people?
  • Are you suspicious and judgmental so you can protect yourself?
  • Can you stop judging and condemning people and start lifting them up so you can be lifted up by GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment