Thursday, August 16, 2018

Criteria


Luke 7: 22 Jesus answered and said to them, “Go and tell John the things you have seen and heard: that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, the poor have the gospel preached to them. 23 And blessed is he who is not offended because of Me.”

============

“Write down your criteria for the person you are looking for” said Human Resources. I was searching for a candidate to hire and had to write a short list of standards the person needed to have in order to get the job.

  • Sometimes I have set standards for how people will act.
  • There were times when I set the conditions for how I expected people to behave.
  • Sometimes I wonder what is the criteria for being GOD transformed into a human.


JESUS gives a shocking list that no human could do. HE healed the blind, lame, lepers and deaf people of their ailments. HE took it one step further and mention the dead are raised. One other strange item that JESUS added was “the poor have the gospel preached to them” as if not preaching to them was similar to the diseases and death HE just mentioned.

  • GOD wants me to preach the gospel to the poor.
  • GOD wants me to believe in HIS power over the physical body.
  • GOD wants me to bold in my belief of HIM and the not be ashamed or offended by believing in HIM.


GOD’s standards are so far above mine. I mean, sometimes I just want GOD to give me a vacation or pay a few bills. HE is concerned about me and the other poor person HE sends me to, or the person who is sent to me. JESUS wants life and only HE can give it.

  • Are you looking for something?
  • Do you think you have the right criteria for your life?
  • Can you allow GOD to guide you to the place HE wants you to be?


No comments:

Post a Comment