Thursday, August 30, 2018

Open Lighting


Luke 8: 16 “No one, when he has lit a lamp, covers it with a vessel or puts it under a bed, but sets it on a lampstand, that those who enter may see the light. 17 For nothing is secret that will not be revealed, nor anything hidden that will not be known and come to light. 18 Therefore take heed how you hear. For whoever has, to him more will be given; and whoever does not have, even what he seems to have will be taken from him.”

============

Ashamed of who I was, I hung out with a group of people who could care less about GOD. We would drink and hang out and that was about the extent of the damage. “No harm, no foul” I thought to myself. I mean, who am I to push “my” values on someone?

  • There were times when I was ashamed to be called a follower of GOD.
  • There were times when I steered away from people with Bibles in their hands.
  • There were times when I was scared to admit I believe in the power of JESUS.


JESUS spoke about hidden things using a parable. I believe HE is speaking about more than enlightenment as it pertains to knowledge. The “Light of GOD” heals, protects, grows and provides shelter for wounded hearts.

  • GOD wants me to know that any light that is inside of me was placed there by HIM.
  • GOD wants me to use the light HE gave me so many can be reached for HIM.
  • GOD wants me to be transparent about my sins and GOD’s victories in my life so many would come to HIM.


Light is not “mine” rather it is GOD’s. HE placed light in me to shine before the world. I can snuff out the light by desiring what the world has to offer. When I keep quiet about GOD I allow the light to get dimmer and dimmer. Eventually, no light shines. GOD wants me to have so much more than the world has to offer. HE gave me light and I want to use it.

  • Do you want more out of life?
  • Is your life ruled by the world’s standards?
  • Can you stop hiding your sin, fear and relationship with GOD so others can come to HIM through you?


No comments:

Post a Comment