Monday, August 13, 2018

Faith Practice


Luke 7:Then Jesus went with them. And when He was already not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to Him, saying to Him, “Lord, do not trouble Yourself, for I am not worthy that You should enter under my roof. Therefore I did not even think myself worthy to come to You. But say the word, and my servant will be healed. For I also am a man placed under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes; and to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.

When Jesus heard these things, He marveled at him, and turned around and said to the crowd that followed Him, “I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel!” 10 And those who were sent, returning to the house, found the servant well who had been sick.

============

“How will I ever do this?” I said to myself nervously. I had never done this before and I did not feel comfortable. As I took a deep breath, I got behind the wheel of the car. To my dismay, there were other practicing drivers sitting in the back seat. “Put the car in drive” the instructor said. I followed his instructions. After the drive was over, I felt more confident. “When will we do this again?” I said excitedly!

  • Sometimes my faith is lacking.
  • Sometimes I am not confident because of the unknown.
  • Sometimes I need help with my faith.


One thing I noticed is the centurion never actually came out to speak with JESUS. He sent messengers to communicate between them because he did not feel worthy to be in JESUS’s presence. The centurion also believe in JESUS’s authority, so much so, that he could accept a word from JESUS knowing the healing would take place.

  • JESUS wants me to practice having faith in HIM.
  • JESUS wants me to believe in HIS authority over all of my situations.
  • JESUS wants me to be more and more confident in HIS abilities and less confident in mine.


Just knowing JESUS is concerned about my situations is good enough. I mean once I know HE is handling the circumstance, I feel better. I praise HIM in the middle of the storm rather than when it is over, but it took practice to get there. Yes, I still question “why” and sin, BUT GOD teaches me faith daily and I trust HIM more and more.

  • Do you feel your faith is lacking?
  • Are you facing a huge situation that seems insurmountable?
  • Can you allow GOD to have authority over your circumstance to do as HE pleases?
  • Will you put your trust in HIM today?


No comments:

Post a Comment