Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Expectations


Luke 7: 18 Then the disciples of John reported to him concerning all these things. 19 And John, calling two of his disciples to him, sent them to Jesus, saying, “Are You the Coming One, or do we look for another?”

20 When the men had come to Him, they said, “John the Baptist has sent us to You, saying, ‘Are You the Coming One, or do we look for another?’ ” 21 And that very hour He cured many of infirmities, afflictions, and evil spirits; and to many blind He gave sight.

============

After I was baptized, I felt my life had more of a purpose than just living. I was young, scrawny and misunderstood, but now I had GOD on my side. I expected my life to be smooth sailing from that moment on. When trouble hit, I questioned GOD’s power and love for me.

  • There were times when I sought after GOD but was looking for HIM to act as “I” expected.
  • There were times when I looked for GOD but could not see HIM because of “my” expectations.
  • There were times when I listened for GOD but could not hear HIM because of “my” expectations.


No one in the world had ever healed people, driven out evil spirits and given sight to the blind except JESUS. HE did amazing things in the sight of huge crowds. John’s disciples did not want to be fooled. They asked “Are You the Coming One, or do we look for another?”

  • JESUS wants me to expect trouble in life.
  • JESUS wants me to expect HIM to decide when or if HE wants to get me out of life’s trials.
  • JESUS wants me to expect an everlasting life with HIM beyond this life of highs and lows.


“Expectation” instead of “observation” leads to me being disappointed in GOD. When I expect GOD to do things “my” way, I often get disappointed. But when I observe GOD and the marvelous things HE does daily, I am amazed! HE shows me just how powerful, yet merciful HE is, each and every day. Mt expectation of GOD should be that HE cares for me deeply.

  • What are you expecting GOD to do or look like or sound like?
  • If HE does not meet “your” expectation will you run away from HIM?
  • Can you change your expectations of GOD and seek to observe HIS majesty daily?


No comments:

Post a Comment