Friday, August 24, 2018

Hope Power


Luke 8: Now it came to pass, afterward, that He went through every city and village, preaching and bringing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God. And the twelve were with Him, and certain women who had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities—Mary called Magdalene, out of whom had come seven demons, and Joanna the wife of Chuza, Herod’s steward, and Susanna, and many others who provided for Him from their substance.

============

Running as fast as I could I began to grow weary. I could see the bus, crammed with people,  that I missed and it seemed to get further and further away as I chased it. Finally I gave up as I saw the bus pick up momentum in a stretch where there were no awaiting passengers. I lost hope.

  • Some days I felt like giving up.
  • Some days it seemed like I was chasing something that I could never catch.
  • Some days I felt like my legs were moving as fast as I could make them go, but I was standing still.


Jesus went through every city and village, preaching and bringing the glad tidings of the kingdom of GOD. HE brought hope to the hopeless. Many women who HE healed and saved were so grateful that they gave up everything just to serve HIM.

  • JESUS wants me to place my hope in HIM.
  • JESUS wants me to hear glad reports about the kingdom of GOD.
  • JESUS wants me to not give up but stand still and wait on HIS power.


Hope brings me power. When I place my hope in what I can do, I run out of energy quickly. BUT GOD says “Wait on ME.” Back to the bus situation. I stopped at an obscure bus stop and minutes later an empty bus pulled up and I sat in comfort as this bus eventually passed the full one I was chasing. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

  • Where are you placing your hope?
  • Are you feeling down because things are not going your way?
  • Can you stop trying to do things under your own power and get GOD’s power by placing your hope in HIM today?


No comments:

Post a Comment