Friday, August 3, 2018

Blind Mentor


Luke 6: 39 He also told them this parable: “Can the blind lead the blind? Will they not both fall into a pit? 40 The student is not above the teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like their teacher.

============

Finally I got a chance to meet with the executive. I had been waiting to get on his calendar for weeks. Waiting on his sage advice, I was bubbling over with wonder. After I left the meeting I felt dejected. I mean he spoke in circles as if to protect his territory.

  • There were times when I was blind.
  • There were times when I sought advice from other blind people.
  • There were times when I hoped to be richer and more powerful and even more blind.


JESUS spoke in a parable from which the meaning was not as direct. I believe HE is saying, “Those who desire to learn may sometimes seek the wrong mentors, but if you have the right teacher, you can grow.”

  • JESUS says to me “Take MY yoke upon you and learn of ME.”
  • JESUS says to me “Remember MY words and you will be well.”
  • JESUS says to me “I AM the gate and the door, no one enters MY kingdom without coming through ME.”


Worldly advice carries some wisdom, but is faulty. If I seek evil wisdom, I can find it, but it has no gain. GOD says that worldly wisdom is blind. HE wants me to seek wisdom from the HOLY SPIRIT.  When I learn from GOD I can become more like HIM.

  • Are you confused and looking for a mentor?
  • Are your desires in line with GOD’s desires for you?
  • Can you seek training from the HOLY SPIRIT  by asking GOD to guide you today?



No comments:

Post a Comment