Wednesday, August 8, 2018

It’s Gonna Rain



Luke 6: 46 “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? 47 As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like. 48 They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. 49 But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.”

============

“I think it’s going to rain” I said to my parents. “Can I please wear my new raincoat?” I begged. They said “Yes” so I ran outside and prepared for the downpour. It was a sunny hot day and I was the only one wearing a bright yellow raincoat on the schoolyard. I took embarrassingly took it off when I was teased.  

When school was over, I “forgot” the coat. The next day it rained. “Where is your coat?” my parents asked.

  • There have been times when I tried to follow the rules.
  • There were times when I tried to play it safe.
  • There were times when I tried to be prepared but was not.


JESUS gives a lesson that sounds a bit harsh, but was actually done in love. HE talks about being prepared for difficult times by following HIS words. Those who put them into action will be able to endure tough times, but those who do not will fall to pieces when the storms of life blow.

  • GOD says to me “Follow MY Son because I AM please with HIM.”
  • GOD says to me “Be strong and place your faith in ME.”
  • GOD says to me “Be like a tree planted by the water’s edge.”


I can question GOD’s intent for having storms, but will be met with more questions than answers. HE does, however, tell me to be prepared for the storms. HE wants me to put on prayer, peace, faith, righteousness, salvation and the SPIRIT as my protection. I may fall to sin, but I am lifted up by the ONE who forgives me.

  • Are you ready for the storms of life?
  • Are you being blown around by the problems life brings?
  • Can you stop trying human tactics and look to GOD to strengthen you “through” the storm of life?



No comments:

Post a Comment