Monday, August 20, 2018

Nobody Greater


Luke 7: 24 When the messengers of John had departed, He began to speak to the multitudes concerning John: “What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken by the wind? 25 But what did you go out to see? A man clothed in soft garments? Indeed those who are gorgeously appareled and live in luxury are in kings’ courts. 26 But what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I say to you, and more than a prophet.27 This is he of whom it is written:

‘Behold, I send My messenger before Your face,
Who will prepare Your way before You.’

28 For I say to you, among those born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.”

============

“Wow” is all I could say as I walked into the executive wing. I saw a meeting with the top executive in the company making plans and doing whatever they did. “I want to be great like them” I said to myself.

  • I used to have a different definition of greatness.
  • I used to think greatness meant wealth and power.
  • I used to see greatness as being a corporate executive whit a huge internal following.


JESUS spoke specifically about the greatness of John. He wasn’t dressed fancy or live in a fancy house. In fact, John was homeless and wore animal skins. JESUS says John was great because he put all of his time into spreading the great news about JESUS.

  • GOD wants me to see HIM as my measure of greatness.
  • GOD wants me to know that humans have no power over HIM.
  • GOD wants me to know that Spiritual HIS kingdom is greater than any human.


Fancy cars, houses and tailored clothes does not make one great according to the LORD. GOD wants me to focus on bringing people to HIS kingdom. The least in HIS kingdom is greater than any rich or powerful human. GOD’s definition of great is what I seek.

  • Are you seeking greatness?
  • Do you want to be seen by humans as being great?
  • Can you change your definition of greatness and focus on GOD’s greatness today?


No comments:

Post a Comment