Wednesday, August 1, 2018

A Little Too Easy



Luke 6: 32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full.35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

============

Irritated and disgusted were the words that described this particular week. Even on Saturday, I brooded over the divisiveness the group I worked with fostered. When I stepped in church, I felt relief. I mean everyone looked and acted like me so I felt comfortable. It was easy.

  • Sometimes I want to separate GOD from certain parts of my life.
  • Sometimes I desire to have an easy time serving GOD.
  • Sometimes I wish that doing things for GOD would be trouble free and easy.


JESUS challenges HIS followers thinking by asking the right questions. HE asks them about their choices to love and serve people who look and act like them. HE says it is easy to serve people who already love you and have plenty of money to repay you. Unfortunately that would constrain who I serve. GOD has an answer.

  • GOD wants me to have a larger reward by loving my enemies.
  • GOD wants me to be extremely blessed by loaning to those who cannot pay me back.
  • GOD wants me to serve those who are ungrateful and wicked because I am the same.


The HEAVENLY FATHER is merciful to me and HE expects me to be the same towards others, especially those who are difficult to serve. Patience, love and kindness gets added each time I show mercy to those who are constantly angry at me, or show their hatred towards me.

GOD blesses me to see people in a different light. Instead of adversarial stances, HE grants me the ability to pray for those who may never pray for me. I look forward to the rewards HE promises me.

  • Are you upset with someone or some group of people?
  • Do you place blame on them for what they have done?
  • Can you stop seeking blame and seek restoration just as GOD has restored you with HIS mercy?

No comments:

Post a Comment