Tuesday, August 21, 2018

You Are Doing It


Luke 7: 29 And when all the people heard Him, even the tax collectors justified God, having been baptized with the baptism of John. 30 But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the will of God for themselves, not having been baptized by him.

31 And the Lord said, “To what then shall I liken the men of this generation, and what are they like? 32 They are like children sitting in the marketplace and calling to one another, saying:

‘We played the flute for you,
And you did not dance;
We mourned to you,
And you did not weep.’

33 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine, and you say, ‘He has a demon.’ 34 The Son of Man has come eating and drinking, and you say, ‘Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’ 35 But wisdom is justified by all her children.”

============

“You are doing it wrong” I said to the person as I jumped in and started “helping” them. After a while I took over the task and the person shrunk away. “Thank goodness! They weren’t meeting my standards anyway.”

  • Three have been times when I set the bar high when it came to meeting “my” expectations.
  • There have been times when I talked about people who made mistakes and could not cut it.
  • There have been times when I looked down on others who could not perform to what I thought should be the performance level.


The Pharisees and lawyers rejected being baptized by anyone who would call JESUS “GOD.” Their attitude seemed like they were doing everything right and JESUS was doing everything wrong. GOD HIMSELF appeared to them as a sinner and a drunkard.

  • JESUS says to me “Do no judge lest you be judged.”
  • JESUS says to me “Serve everyone, just as I have come to serve mankind.”:
  • JESUS says to me “Follow ME and serve those who do not look or act like you.”


“You are doing it right” should be the words I say to someone who worships JESUS differently than I do. Instead of judging the people to “my” standard,

I should be praising GOD that there is another person who is doing things for HIS kingdom and I don’t have to do all the work. Unity is something GOD wants me to have so the kingdom can grow stronger.

  • Are you judging someone?
  • Do you feel you are doing things better than other people?
  • Can you stop labeling people and start praising and encouraging them to follow GOD today?


No comments:

Post a Comment