Monday, September 10, 2018

Where to Turn


Luke 8: 40 So it was, when Jesus returned, that the multitude welcomed Him, for they were all waiting for Him. 41 And behold, there came a man named Jairus, and he was a ruler of the synagogue. And he fell down at Jesus’ feet and begged Him to come to his house, 42 for he had an only daughter about twelve years of age, and she was dying.

But as He went, the multitudes thronged Him. 

============

Having no answers, I was in a panic. It seemed like my problems were more than I could handle at the time. I tried asking coworkers and friends, but they had no answers. My family wouldn’t understand. Where could I go for answers?

  • There were times when I did not have any answers.
  • There were times when I ran out of ideas.
  • There were times when the problems seemed to be bigger than any solution I could come up with.


Jairus had nowhere to turn. His only child was sick and he went to JESUS for the answer. He probably heard of JESUS through the news that spread all over the area about HIS miraculous healing. He fell at JESUS’ feet begging HIM to come to his house.

  • When I run out of answers I should turn to JESUS.
  • When I am faced with problems I should turn to JESUS.
  • When I do not have any answers and the problems keep coming, I should turn to JESUS.


JESUS says “Come unto ME all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest.” HE does not want me exasperated rather at peace. HE knows the enemy will constantly seek to put up hurdles for me to jump so HE makes it easy by carrying me over each obstacle. JESUS gives me hope when there is no hope.

  • Do you feel hopeless?
  • Do you feel alone with the problems you face?
  • Will you turn to JESUS today and give HIM your problems while asking for HIS peace today?


No comments:

Post a Comment