Thursday, September 6, 2018

Permitted Protection



Luke 8: 30 Jesus asked him, saying, “What is your name?”

And he said, “Legion,” because many demons had entered him. 31 And they begged Him that He would not command them to go out into the abyss.

32 Now a herd of many swine was feeding there on the mountain. So they begged Him that He would permit them to enter them. And He permitted them. 33 Then the demons went out of the man and entered the swine, and the herd ran violently down the steep place into the lake and drowned.

34 When those who fed them saw what had happened, they fled and told it in the city and in the country. 35 Then they went out to see what had happened, and came to Jesus, and found the man from whom the demons had departed, sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed and in his right mind. And they were afraid. 36 They also who had seen it told them by what means he who had been demon-possessed was healed. 37 Then the whole multitude of the surrounding region of the Gadarenes asked Him to depart from them, for they were seized with great fear. And He got into the boat and returned.

============

“He’s alright” nodded the person as I tried to get into a restricted place. I had not been amongst the lavish before so I never noticed the plain clothed guards at discreet entrances. Once inside, I could see why the rich and powerful craved these kind of places because I felt secure.

  • There were times when I needed permission to pass through “security.”
  • There were times when I was allowed into a secure place.
  • There were times when I was the one who was guarded and protected.


JESUS permitted the demons to leave the possessed man and enter a herd of swine. HE could have said “No”, but instead allowed them to wreak havoc on the herd. HE protected the healed man from any more harm and danger. JESUS also allowed the townspeople to ask HIM to go away. HE heeded their request.

  • GOD wants me to ask permission for any request.
  • GOD wants me to realize HE has the power over any force.
  • GOD wants me to know HE has the power to protect me and make me feel secure.


Humans can only temporarily protect me with their limited power. BUT GOD can protect me from every force that tries to come up against me. With HIS permission, I am allowed into HIS family. HE wraps HIS loving arms around me and places me in HIS hand for which no one can pluck me out.

  • Are you facing something very large that seems impossible to get out of?
  • Are you afraid of an outcome that is out of your control?
  • Can you ask GOD for HIS permission to protect you and cleanse you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment