Friday, October 5, 2018

Abnormal Thinking


Luke 10: Go your way; behold, I send you out as lambs among wolves. Carry neither money bag, knapsack, nor sandals; and greet no one along the road. But whatever house you enter, first say, ‘Peace to this house.’ And if a son of peace is there, your peace will rest on it; if not, it will return to you. And remain in the same house, eating and drinking such things as they give, for the laborer is worthy of his wages. Do not go from house to house.

============

“What is all of that?” exclaimed one of the higher ups. “It’s all of the information printed out about various projects I am working on” I replied, referring to the large stacks of papers in folders I was carrying. I just wanted to be prepared for everything!

  • There were times when I thought I had to be prepared for any eventuality.
  • There were times when I worked hard at being prepared.
  • There were times when it seemed logical to me to try to be prepared for thing to happen.


JESUS tells those HE sent out into the world, that there is no such thing as “being prepared.” In fact, JESUS makes them less prepared by telling them to leave anything they would depend on, home. HE further impresses on them to go out with a purpose, HIS purpose. And when they went out, they were not prepared to fight like wolves, but harmless as lambs.

  • GOD wants me to depend on HIS protection .
  • GOD wants me to allow HIS thoughts to become my thoughts.
  • GOD wants me to not be afraid of the world, trying to meet any expectation, rather allow HIM to shine through the change HE made in me.


Wherever I work, GOD will shine on that place and bring it peace a long as “peace” is accepted. HIS only desire is that I am at peace with myself and my relationship with HIM. The world will tell me that something is wrong with my relationship with GOD because I may not have human status or possessions that prove I am blessed.

BUT GOD holds the tally and HE says I am greatly blessed, so much so that I am filled to overflowing and must tell others about HIS love.

  • Do you look at GOD as the great “punisher” or the great forgiver?
  • Do you feel inadequate in life?
  • Will you say GOD’s grace is sufficient and HIS love for you is more that any human status?

No comments:

Post a Comment