Thursday, November 1, 2018

Your Momma Plus


Luke 11: 27 And it happened, as He spoke these things, that a certain woman from the crowd raised her voice and said to Him, “Blessed is the womb that bore You, and the breasts which nursed You!”

28 But He said, “More than that, blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”

============

My parents are great, all of them. Doing the best they could with what they had was not easy, but somehow the community of parents I was born into, married into and adopted into was there to support me as best they could.  

  • My community of parents have given me more than I can give them.
  • My community of parents have shown me a path that is right.
  • My community of parents have shed a light on what is important.


A woman shouts from the crowd a cry of homage to JESUS’s mother. This statement is similar to saying “YOUR mother did great raising YOU.” JESUS shouts back the true focus. HE includes “everyone” who follows HIS word and keeps it with their hearts.

  • GOD wants me to learn HIS word and follow it.
  • GOD wants me to keep HIS word by learning the heart behind it.
  • GOD wants me to share HIS word to anyone HE sends me to, or sends to me.


Momma’s are special to GOD. Somehow GOD counts a physical birth through a sinful human named Mary as “sinless” because the birth was not consummated by a man. This special, chosen birth “process” could never eclipse the being that came from the birth, namely JESUS.

HE did not rebuke the woman for her pride in HIS mother rather focuses her on what is truly important, the word of GOD. My birth mother is special to me along with my father and in-laws and adopted parents. But they can never be more special to me than GOD.

  • Who is special to you?
  • Are you more focused on them than on GOD?
  • Can you place GOD higher in your life than any human so HE will bless all of those around you?


No comments:

Post a Comment