Friday, November 30, 2018

GOD’s Timing


Luke 13: 10 Now He was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath. 11 And behold, there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up. 12 But when Jesus saw her, He called her to Him and said to her, “Woman, you are loosed from your infirmity.” 13 And He laid His hands on her, and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God.

============

Day after day, the problem still persisted. “Is GOD even listening?” I asked. I mean it has been years and it seemed like the problem would not subside. “What are YOU waiting on?” I said.

  • There have been many days when I wondered if GOD was even with me.
  • There have been many days when I wondered if GOD was too busy punishing me to listen to my prayers.
  • There have been many days when I wondered if GOD was being sadistic, withholding HIS mighty power from me because of my many sins.


The woman with a “spirit of infirmity” could in no way “raise herself up.” She tried everything in her might to unbend herself for eighteen years. Eighteen years! JESUS saw her, called her over, touched her and healed her from the crippling spirit. She praised GOD.

  • GOD wants me to practice praising HIM even when my problem has not ended.
  • GOD wants me to practice praising HIM because HIS timing is perfect.
  • GOD wants me to practice praising HIM through difficult times because HE can use me to show others, who are in the same situation, that HE is powerful, even in my weakness.


GOD doesn’t gloat at my pain and to the contrary of my thinking, HE is not always trying to punish me. In fact I believe GOD feels the pain I’m going through, only more intensely. My faith is not based on if GOD will clear up my problems as soon as they appear. GOD wants me to have faith for the long-haul.

HE wants me to see that at the end of every problem, HE is the solution. HIS love never fails and HIS grace for me is sufficient. I believe through my problems that GOD is always with me.

  • Are you waiting on something?
  • Do you think GOD is withholding a blessing from you because you are not trying hard enough?
  • Can you stop trying to control the situation and believe GOD has a solid purpose for your trial and HE will use this time to bring many people to HIM through you?


No comments:

Post a Comment