Monday, November 26, 2018

Weather Report



Luke 12: 54 Then He also said to the multitudes, “Whenever you see a cloud rising out of the west, immediately you say, ‘A shower is coming’; and so it is.55 And when you see the south wind blow, you say, ‘There will be hot weather’; and there is. 56 Hypocrites! You can discern the face of the sky and of the earth, but how is it you do not discern this time?

============

Looking outside I practiced predicting the weather. After a while I could smell rain coming or I could see a storm from miles off. I used the same discernment with people. I could see that group of thugs trying to rob me. Discernment was pretty useful.

  • I have used discernment to avoid traffic.
  • I have used discernment to avoid getting soaked by rain.
  • I have used discernment to avoid robberies, political assassinations and slander.


JESUS talks to the crowd about their ability to read the clouds when it came to weather, but their inability to read the spiritual climate when it came to their Savior. HE saw through their desire to appoint a political leader instead of following the living GOD.

  • GOD wants me to focus on HIS imminent return.
  • GOD wants me to point people to HIM with urgency.
  • GOD wants me to understand that everyday is a gift that should not be wasted.


Focusing incessantly on the news can get me in trouble. I will eventually only see what is told to me as being the truth . BUT GOD wants me to use discernment to see through the garbage and see HIM as my only answer. HE solves problems on a mass scale and on the minute.

HIS love for me stretches beyond my borders as HE tries to reach my family, neighbors and people I have not met yet. HE ants me to discern the time and prepare people for HIS return.

  • What are you using your discernment for?
  • Are you mostly trying to protect yourself?
  • Will you stop trying to predict the future without using GOD as your guide?


No comments:

Post a Comment