Monday, November 12, 2018

Speaking With Purpose


Luke 12: “Also I say to you, whoever confesses Me before men, him the Son of Man also will confess before the angels of God. But he who denies Me before men will be denied before the angels of God.

10 “And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven.

11 “Now when they bring you to the synagogues and magistrates and authorities, do not worry about how or what you should answer, or what you should say. 12 For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.”


============

Feeling lonely, I listened to how others spoke. I wanted to “fit in” so I began to mimic how others spoke to one another, no matter how different the words were from my values. Soon I was in the in-crowd enjoying life to its fullest. My calendar filled up with events. Funny, the in-crowd did not have much time for GOD.

  • Life only has so many seconds for me to spend my time.
  • Life only has a finite period for me to speak.
  • Life only has so many moments for me to choose between what I want or what GOD wants.


JESUS says something truly exciting. “Whoever confesses ME before men, HIM the SON of Man also will confess before the angels of GOD.” I can only imagine the excitement on HIS face when HE says, “That’s one of MINE!”

  • GOD wants me to spend some of my time speaking about JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to confess to people that JESUS saves me.
  • GOD wants me to tell people about HIS SON, in word and in examples.


There is only a short period of time that I have on this earth and it is up to me to decide what to do with it. I can fill up my time with events, politics, hatred or just being foolish BUT GOD wants me to think about how I use my time. HE wants me to take only a short period out of my day to confess that JESUS is the CHRIST who is my savior.

This is not hard, nor does it prevent me from doing other things. HE simply wants me to enjoy my relationship with HIM by sharing it with others. JESUS is my LORD.

  • Are you too busy to speak about JESUS?
  • How much time do you spend speaking about things that repel people from GOD?
  • Can you take only a short period of time this week to speak about GOD’s love? 


No comments:

Post a Comment