Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Choosing Sides


Luke 12: 49 “I came to send fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! 50 But I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how distressed I am till it is accomplished! 51 Do you suppose that I came to give peace on earth? I tell you, not at all, but rather division. 52 For from now on five in one house will be divided: three against two, and two against three. 53 Father will be divided against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.”

============

“Will you take five minutes to send a voicemail to the employees inspiring them to follow GOD?” was the question posed to me. My career was on the rise and I had a promotion right at my fingertips. From what I saw, many of the leaders did not mention a relationship with GOD. Besides, the person who wanted me to take over their post was being let go. “I’ll pass” I said.

  • There have been many times when my silence about GOD chose a side.
  • There have been times when I had the opportunity to speak about GOD and did not.
  • There have been times that I chose to be with the people who were against GOD so I could be on the “winning” side.


JESUS saw the hearts of the crowd. Some wanted a political leader and some wanted a savior and some wanted to rob, steal and kill. JESUS says some very harsh words about HIS kingdom that is a wake up call to everyone.

  • JESUS wants me to side with HIM no matter what the circumstance is.
  • JESUS wants me to see HIM as the only solution in spite of what humans can promise.
  • JESUS wants me to believe in HIS salvation, especially when things look bleak enough to follow humans.


There is no human plan that can work without GOD’s permission, even evil plans. GOD wants my belief to be totally in HIM. But what happens when someone close to me refuses to believe in JESUS? HE wants me to keep praying for them but stay with HIM. HIS love, unfortunately will divide because of sinful hearts. HE wants me to ask for a clean heart to spread HIS kingdom. That’s all.

  • Are you considering denouncing GOD so you can be with the crowd?
  • Do you feel pressure to hide your relationship with JESUS?
  • Will you be bold for GOD in spite of those around you who may or may not believe in HIM?
  • Will you stop looking for evidence of “following GOD” in those around you and simply serve GOD the way HE wants you to?


No comments:

Post a Comment