Monday, November 19, 2018

Ready



Luke 12: 35 “Let your waist be girded and your lamps burning; 36 and you yourselves be like men who wait for their master, when he will return from the wedding, that when he comes and knocks they may open to him immediately. 37 Blessed are those servants whom the master, when he comes, will find watching. Assuredly, I say to you that he will gird himself and have them sit down to eat, and will come and serve them.38 And if he should come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants. 39 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. 40 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.”

============

After the meeting I scheduled another meeting as a follow up to make sure I understood everything. I was being left “in charge” for the short period and I wanted to make sure I understood everything that was going on. During the follow-up meeting I was asked “Are you sure you are ready for this?” “Absolutely” I answered.

  • Many times I had to prepare.
  • Many times I had to sit and wait for the unknown.
  • Many times I had to be confident that something may occur at a moment’s notice.


JESUS says some confusing words to HIS disciples. HE spoke in a parable like tone and told them to be ready for the master’s return. Ready for what? I mean what should I be doing?

  • GOD says to me “Prepare yourself daily by speaking to ME.”
  • GOD says to me “Seek the kingdom everyday and you will be prepared.”
  • GOD says to me “Your life is mine so be prepared to be with ME eternally.”


More and more responsibility is what GOD wants to give me. HE understands my limits and will only give me as much as I can handle. If I as ready as a child then I may not be given much responsibility for GOD’s kingdom. But if I am growing in GOD then HE will help me prepare myself and others for what HE has in store. GOD wants me to be ready daily.

  • What are you preparing for?
  • Are you preparing to be accepted by humans more and more?
  • Can you take some time to prepare yourself for GOD’s kingdom by seeking those HE wants you to seek today?


No comments:

Post a Comment