Friday, November 9, 2018

Strength Training



Luke 12:“And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!

“Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins? And not one of them is forgotten before God. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

============

Sitting at my desk, I thought of different ways to exit the building. A bully had threatened to beat me up at 3:15 PM and I could not tell anyone otherwise it would truly cause the fight to happen. I could only think about the bully.

  • In the past I have been filled with fear.
  • There were moments when I was scared of a particular person.
  • Several times I got worried about what humans would do to me so I sought to protect myself.


JESUS tells an innumerable crowd about depending on GOD. HE summed up life in a few short statements. “There will always be another bully that will fight you in all aspects in life, so do not fear them. BUT fear not doing what GOD says to do.

  • GOD wants me to fear what HE will do to me for not proclaiming that HIS SON is my savior.
  • GOD wants me to fear NOT depending on HIM.
  • GOD wants me to fear eternal separation from HIS love.


“Fear HIM who has the power to cast you into hell after death” was JESUS’s statement, but HE wasn’t finished. HE also said BUT GOD cares for you as HE has a plan for every hair on your head. HE cares for birds and other animals, HE can certainly care for you.

GOD’s power is infinite and I should fear not serving HIM daily. HE protects me from bullies of all sorts, especially those who desire to control me. GOD wants my passion and HE will take out those who try to snuff my passion for HIM. HIS protection is invaluable and gives me strength.

  • Are you getting worn down by someone?
  • Are you trying to control someone?
  • Will you stop looking at other people and focus your path to GOD?
  • Will you get your strength from GOD instead of allowing humans to put you in a fearful mood?


No comments:

Post a Comment