Friday, November 2, 2018

Already Here


Luke 11: 29 And while the crowds were thickly gathered together, He began to say, “This is an evil generation. It seeks a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of Jonah the prophet. 30 For as Jonah became a sign to the Ninevites, so also the Son of Man will be to this generation. 31 The queen of the South will rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation and condemn them, for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and indeed a greater than Solomon is here. 32 The men of Nineveh will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, for they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and indeed a greater than Jonah is here.

============

“I won’t do that” I said to myself as I observed the consequences played out on another person. At one point I was the one who would rush in and made errors, now I had the luxury of learning from the mistakes of others so I could go on a smoother journey.

  • There was a time when “my” way included mistakes.
  • There was a time when I did not consider the consequences of my actions.
  • There was a time when I joined in with the crowd instead of learning from past mistakes.


JESUS saw through the crowds desire for parlor tricks. HE has healed a man of a demonic spirit that kept him mute. The crowd demanded a “sign” that JESUS was in fact, GOD. JESUS said the generation was evil and their disbelief would be judged by others who died not believing. HE also gave an example of how people in the past believed and repented.

  • GOD wants me to learn from the specific people HE gave me as examples.
  • GOD wants me to observe the past so I can get the present right.
  • GOD wants me to absorb HIS word and fully trust that HE is the one and only savior.


Trusting in GOD means I drop the childish tests that I used to put HIM through. The words “If YOU exist then…” need to disappear from my vocabulary. GOD is GOD. HE gives me invisible trust so I can have invincible faith. JESUS is the root of that faith. HIS word is planted in my heart and grows daily. I learn from HIS examples.

  • Are you making the same mistakes as those who did not trust in JESUS?
  • Do you test GOD’s grace to the point of disbelief?
  • Will you stop trying to see with your natural eyes and open your spiritual eyes by listening to GOD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment