Tuesday, November 13, 2018

More or Less



Luke 12: 13 Then one from the crowd said to Him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.”

14 But He said to him, “Man, who made Me a judge or an arbitrator over you?” 15 And He said to them, “Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses.”

============

“Try this on” the salesperson persuadably said.  When I put the garments on, I felt rich. I stared in the mirror and imagined scenarios of popularity and pride. “How much?” I asked. “Oh, about half a month of your salary.” “Hmm, I really want this” I battled. “I’ll take it.”

  • Envy can make me want what others have.
  • Greed can make me want more, even when I have enough.
  • Pride can make me feel less than adequate even when I have plenty.


JESUS addresses possessions directly when a brother was fighting a brother over money.  “Life is more than materialism” JESUS said. But what does this have to do with me?

  • GOD says to me, “I will give you abundant life.”
  • GOD says to me, “Your life is extremely valuable to ME.”
  • GOD says to me, “People are MY treasure, therefore go and bring ME back the treasure that is lost.”


When I believed that I needed JESUS as my Savior, the angels rejoiced. GOD wants me to bring HIM more and more people not just possessions as people think. GOD wants my message to be about HIS SON but sometimes money gets mixed into the message.

GOD wants me to let go of needing to have the latest thing or be styled in the nicest garments. HE wants me to focus people on HIS majesty so they will be taken care of by HIM. HE is what I desire.

  • Do you want more than you have?
  • Do you feel inadequate because you don’t have enough?
  • Will you stop relying on the possessions you have as a basis of “who you are” and focus on what GOD declared “who you are” today?


No comments:

Post a Comment