Thursday, November 8, 2018

Said and Done



Luke 12: In the meantime, when an innumerable multitude of people had gathered together, so that they trampled one another, He began to say to His disciples first of all, “Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy. For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, nor hidden that will not be known. Therefore whatever you have spoken in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have spoken in the ear in inner rooms will be proclaimed on the housetops.

============

Having the title of a church leader was quite an honor. I mean now I had to step up my game when it came to being “good.” I dressed in the nicest suits and upon entering the building, I kept my dirty mouth outside. Everyone who saw me thought I was doing great at this “GOD thing.”

  • There have been many times when I looked clean on the outside and was dirty on the inside.
  • There have been many times when I wanted to look holier than I was acting.
  • There have been many times when I desired to be revered more than simply following GOD.


JESUS points to the hypocrisy of the church leaders. They could say scripture, attend church regularly and give a lot but were also great at hiding their sin and making others admit theirs. JESUS tore through their charade and says, everything said and done will be proclaimed.

  • GOD says to me “Admit your sins so they will have no hold on you.”
  • GOD says to me “Acknowledge MY power to forgive sins so you can be free indeed.”
  • GOD says to me “Avoid hiding sins too deeply by admitting them to yourself and to ME.”


Maturity means being truthful with myself. It is the understanding that sin has consequence and I need to admit, I have sinned a lot. From lying, to lust, from hatred to hypocrisy, from greed to gross behavior, I have done it all. BUT GOD did something fantastic.

HE saw that I admitted my downfalls to HIM and gave me the ability to speak freely about my sins. HE is the only one who cleans me up and HE can do the same for anyone who comes to HIM. I live defiled, BUT GOD is my savior.

  • What sins are you hiding from yourself?
  • Are you scared of admitting even you are a sinner?
  • Can you stop thinking lowly of others and start admitting your need for GOD on a daily basis?
  • Will you open your mouth and admit sins so others can be loosed from their hidden sins today?


No comments:

Post a Comment