Tuesday, November 20, 2018

You Know Better



Luke 12: 41 Then Peter said to Him, “Lord, do You speak this parable only to us, or to all people?

42 And the Lord said, “Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his master will make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of food in due season? 43 Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes. 44 Truly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all that he has. 45 But if that servant says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying his coming,’ and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and be drunk, 46 the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47 And that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.

============

“This kid is irritating!” I said to a sibling. The annoyance reached terminal velocity and something had to be done. “Where is our house guest?” was the question posed to us when things got a little too quiet. “In the dirty clothes hamper” I confessed. I assisted in putting the child in there and sitting on the top. “You know better” were the words pointed at me.

  • There were times when I was “right” but was wrong.
  • There were times when I did stuff that I would not do in the presence of certain people.
  • There were times when I knew I was wrong, but I felt justified in my actions.


“What about them” was the gist of Peter’s question concerning the parable pointed at the disciples. JESUS recognized the immaturity in Peter’s words and elaborated on HIS comment. JESUS states that those who truly follow HIM, much more will be required of them. In other words, do what is right.

  • GOD wants me to study from HIM and learn HIS ways.
  • GOD wants me to obey HIS commands, especially when I do not feel like doing so.
  • GOD wants me to be caught in the act of loving someone rather than being caught harming others.


“You know better” is what GOD says to me when I am grown and others are acting immature. I cannot pout over that that person is doing, rather I need to behave according to how GOD wants me to behave. HE cares for me and wants me to show that same care to others. HE wants to catch me in the act of loving someone.

  • Have you stopped believing in JESUS’s imminent return?
  • Do you think JESUS would be pleased with how you are treating people?
  • Can you stop acting immature and seek GOD’s love to fill your heart today?


No comments:

Post a Comment