Friday, November 16, 2018

Treasure Map



Luke 12: 29 “And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind. 30 For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things. 31 But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you.

32 “Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell what you have and give alms; provide yourselves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

============

Standing in the outfield I hoped no one would hit a ball to me. Unfortunately they did, over and over. Finally the coach pulled me in and said “Maybe next year.” This was the annual tryouts for the best little league team in the neighborhood and since my friends were doing it, I figured I would too even though I couldn’t hit, catch or run.

  • Many times I did things without really wanting to do them.
  • Many times I participated, but could not wait for the activity to be over.
  • Many times I joined in but really did not enjoy what I was doing.


The FATHER’s heart is expressed by JESUS to the disciples. “HE knows that you need these things” was JESUS’s statement when it came to worrying about what you will eat and drink. JESUS tries to clear up any misconception that I may have regarding the FATHER’s love for me.

  • JESUS says to me “The FATHER know your needs.”
  • JESUS says to me “Do not fear for it is your FATHER’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.”
  • JESUS says to me “Seek the kingdom of GOD and the FATHER will meet your needs.”


But how can I seek the kingdom? What does that mean? GOD wants me to change the desires of my heart to focus on giving directly to those who are in need. HE wants my heart to be excited about seeing people grow towards HIM and to look for opportunities to serve my neighbors rather than complaining about them.

GOD wants me to have an abundant life and that abundance means people turning their face towards HIM because of the love HE has shown me. HE guides my heart to serve HIM daily.

  • What is your heart set on?
  • Do you feel sorry for yourself and your situation?
  • Can you change your focus from you and add the desire to have people grow in CHRIST on a daily basis?
  • Will you give a little of what you have to someone in need today?



No comments:

Post a Comment