Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Not Your Fault



Luke 13: There were present at that season some who told Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. And Jesus answered and said to them, “Do you suppose that these Galileans were worse sinners than all other Galileans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.”

============

“Why me?” was my question many times when it came to a painful situation. I mean, why do “bad” things happen to “good” people? I questioned. As I faced, what I thought< was yet another difficult situation, I was in a panic with nowhere to turn. “I wonder if I should turn to sin for a little relief of the pressure” I said to myself.

  • Life can be difficult at times.
  • Life can dish out some very tough situations.
  • Life can be very scary and make me want to do anything for a little relief from the problems.


Some people came to JESUS in a panic over those in charge of the government. They told HIM about the murders that were happening by the decree of the reigning leaders. They sounded like they had nowhere to turn. BUT JESUS replied with some strange words that would make them whole.

  • JESUS wants me to face difficult situations with HIS power, not mine.
  • JESUS wants me to rely on HIS timing especially when I am panicked.
  • JESUS wants me to know HIS way is still better than the world’s way.


Turning to sin only makes my situation worse. When I lose my faith in GOD and I panic, the world sees my defeat and rejoices. BUT GOD picks me up and protects me anyway. HE wants me to succeed and says “I have you in MY hand. No one can pluck you out.”

GOD wants me to look forward instead of trying to figure out which sin caused the consequence I feel I go through at times. HE wants me to stop trying to be the captain of my destiny and allow HIM to guide me through places only HE can take me through. Life can still be difficult but I place my faith in HIM.

  • Where are you turning?
  • Do you feel like giving up?
  • Will you allow your current situation to defeat you or will you allow GOD to defeat your situation so you can praise HIM?


No comments:

Post a Comment