Monday, November 5, 2018

Clean Lenses



Luke 11: 33 “No one, when he has lit a lamp, puts it in a secret place or under a basket, but on a lampstand, that those who come in may see the light.34 The lamp of the body is the eye. Therefore, when your eye is good, your whole body also is full of light. But when your eye is bad, your body also is full of darkness. 35 Therefore take heed that the light which is in you is not darkness. 36 If then your whole body is full of light, having no part dark, the whole body will be full of light, as when the bright shining of a lamp gives you light.”

============

Traffic was more heave this particular day. “Why does that person keep darting in and out?” I said to myself. “And why is the radio playing the same song over and over?” “Why is it so dark and cold?” I made it to my destination and someone asked “What’s wrong?” They could see something on my face that I couldn’t.

  • Sometimes I am full of complaints.
  • Sometimes I see the world negatively.
  • Sometimes I see more problems than opportunities.


JESUS seems to be speaking on the outlook on life. Whatever enters the spiritual eyes affects the entire mindset and actions of the looker. If I use sin as my filter, then my mindset will be bent towards sin, same with negativity, doubt and fear. BUT GOD has an answer.

  • GOD wants me to see more situations through HIS eyes.
  • GOD wants me to look at the day with the same loving view HE looks through.
  • GOD wants me to reduce my negative, complaining, fearful view and replace it with faith, truth and love.



Perspective is extremely important to GOD. If I see people with a negative view then they I will be quick to point out how wrong they are. GOD wants me to lift people up so they can grow in CHRIST. HIS blessings are poured out on me on the darkest days. GOD is my shield. HE clears my eyes.

  • How do you see things?
  • Does everything seem like a disaster to you?
  • Can you stop thinking negatively and look at the day, and people, the way GOD sees them?


No comments:

Post a Comment