Thursday, November 15, 2018

Worry Actions


Luke 12: 22 Then He said to His disciples, “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; nor about the body, what you will put on. 23 Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing.24 Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds? 25 And which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? 26 If you then are not able to do the least, why [d]are you anxious for the rest? 27 Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 28 If then God so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith?

============

Three o’clock in the morning was not unfamiliar to me. I had woken up many nights facing the pressures of work. Some nights, sleep evaded me altogether. After several years of this, the company decided to get rid of an entire group, including me. No more pressures. Why was I awake in the middle of the night?

  • My thoughts can sometimes get the best of me.
  • My mind can sometimes overthink situations.
  • My security can be shattered when I do not have answers to the questions my mind conjures up.


JESUS tells HIS disciples “Do not worry” as if they had a choice in the matter. But then HE explains “why” they should not worry, which kind of defies logic. HE explains that GOD’s raging river of a plan cannot be stopped. HE says GOD cares about feeding birds, HE can certainly care about feeding humans, who HE created in HIS image.

  • GOD cares about my physical attributes.
  • GOD cares about my mental wellbeing.
  • GOD cares about my comfort, my health, my relationships and my spirit.


GOD does care for me so I must get a grip on the lies my mind can dream up and focus on the truth. HIS plan seems strange, especially when I feel I am in control of my life. HE puts me in situations that actually grow me and HE removes blind spots where fear was leading me.

HIS power is unstoppable and I have to ride HIS raging river to the quiet place HE has for me. I put my trust in GOD. HIS plan is always great for me!

  • Are you worried about your future?
  • Do you think GOD has forgotten you or is punishing you?
  • Will you stop thinking poorly about GOD’s love for you?
  • Will you take the opportunity to grow instead of remaining a child and allow GOD’s strength to shine in your life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment