Monday, December 3, 2018

Control Freak



Luke 13: 14 But the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation, because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath; and he said to the crowd, “There are six days on which men ought to work; therefore come and be healed on them, and not on the Sabbath day.”

15 The Lord then answered him and said,  “Hypocrite! Does not each one of you on the Sabbath loose his ox or donkey from the stall, and lead it away to water it? 16 So ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has bound—think of it—for eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the Sabbath?” 17 And when He said these things, all His adversaries were put to shame; and all the multitude rejoiced for all the glorious things that were done by Him.

============

“Look at the people singing the song wrong. Some people aren’t even singing. Why are we singing this song anyway. I wonder if I should put in a few suggestions for some “better” songs” were the flood of thoughts at the beginning of the church service.

  • There are times when I think I have all the answers.
  • There are times when I think I know better than those around me.
  • There are times when I am distracted by “form.”


One of the church leaders barked out a rebuke towards JESUS for healing on the Sabbath. JESUS immediately calls him a hypocrite and had to show how ludicrous his thinking was. Should “form” be placed over following the SPIRIT? This was the gist of JESUS’ reply.

  • GOD wants me to bring others to HIM and so they can have their own relationship with GOD.
  • GOD wants me to stop trying to control people into how they serve HIM.
  • GOD wants me to allow HIM to grow people so they can see HIS marvelous power.


Worshiping, learning and serving are all extremely important to GOD, but not as important as I can sometimes emphasize to others. When I get to the point where I am criticizing how much or little someone prays then I suddenly fall into the hypocrite category JESUS spoke of.

GOD is the only ONE who can see if someone is truly worshiping HIM or not. HE would rather have me praying for the population who is rejecting HIM all together than focusing on correcting a believer’s pattern of church attendance. GOD gives grace, not control. HE allows me to be as wild as a tornado without sending me straight to hell. I am grateful GOD guides others and me.

  • Is someone worshiping GOD wrong?
  • Do you notice what others are doing wrong when they are supposedly serving GOD?
  • Can you reduce your judgment on others and allow GOD to lead you to people who really need HIS live today?


No comments:

Post a Comment