Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Misread Ticket


Luke 14: So He told a parable to those who were invited, when He noted how they chose the best places, saying to them: “When you are invited by anyone to a wedding feast, do not sit down in the best place, lest one more honorable than you be invited by him; and he who invited you and him come and say to you, ‘Give place to this man,’ and then you begin with shame to take the lowest place. 10 But when you are invited, go and sit down in the lowest place, so that when he who invited you comes he may say to you, ‘Friend, go up higher.’ Then you will have glory in the presence of those who sit at the table with you. 11 For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

============

“Would you like something to drink” the flight attendant asked me. I was shocked because not only were we still on the ground, passengers were still boarding. “Sure” I replied thinking to myself, “First class is wonderful!”

This elation was followed by “Excuse me. You are in my seat.” I misread the ticket and was in the row just behind first class. Everyone on the plane seemed to watch me move.

  • There were times when I wanted the best places.
  • There were times when I felt I “deserved” fist class treatment.
  • Three were times when I got upset at “those” people who did not know how to travel right.


JESUS spoke in a parable about choosing the lowest seat first otherwise the person may get embarrassed when told to move. HE wasn’t just speaking about chairs, HE was speaking to the church leaders who loved their titles, numbers of people in their congregation and most of all the amounts of money to be had. These leaders had overlooked the ONE who deserved the best.

  • GOD wants me to seek true humility that resonates from HIM.
  • GOD wants me to need JESUS to be first instead of “me” getting the credit.
  • GOD wants me to accept being a servant seeking to bring people to HIM.


Having a title is not the problem, its needing the title that caused blindness, When I seek to be more and more, then GOD may say, “That seat is reserved for someone else” and tell me to sit somewhere outside of HIS kingdom.

GOD wants me to recognize HIS power and accept HIM as being GOD. HE is supreme and JESUS has the rightful seat above everyone. I seek to be less so HE can make me more. HE is my savior.

  • Do you feel you deserve more?
  • What are you seeking in your heart?
  • Can you place GOD above all things and allow HIM to guide you to the place you need to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment