Friday, December 21, 2018

Walking Away



Luke 15: 11 Then He said: “A certain man had two sons. 12 And the younger of them said to his father, ‘Father, give me the portion of goods that falls to me.’ So he divided to them his livelihood. 13 And not many days after, the younger son gathered all together, journeyed to a far country, and there wasted his possessions with prodigal living. 14 But when he had spent all, there arose a severe famine in that land, and he began to be in want. 15 Then he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country, and he sent him into his fields to feed swine. 16 And he would gladly have filled his stomach with the pods that the swine ate, and no one gave him anything.

============

Tired of the hypocrisy, I stopped going to church. I mean they tell me to “stop sinning” and “give money” yet their actions only pointed to sleeping around and sustaining their salaries, as if GOD were a business. When I left I decided that “sleeping around” and “sustaining my salary” was a good idea. Things did not go well.

  • When blame is on my mind, sometimes it is actually a desire.
  • When I get mad at what other people are doing, sometimes I’m seeing what I “want” to do.
  • When leaving a good place is my first thought, I may have misread why I was there in the first place.


JESUS had just spoken about a lost sheep then a lost coin, now HE provides a parable of a son who saw his father as nothing more than money. In fact, he demanded an inheritance in a way to claim his father as being “dead” to him. He squandered everything and could not sustain himself when life became difficult.

  • GOD sees my hurt and understands it.
  • GOD sees my tantrums and puts up with it.
  • GOD sees my blame, lust, gullibility and rage, yet HE allows me to keep going.

 
With no argument from the father, the son got what he wanted and needed. He received money and compassion. I do not see an argument from the father nor an attempt to explain the dangerous path the young man was going down. GOD allows me to decide the paths I travel. Walking away from GOD was not a good choice for me.

  • Are you considering walking away from GOD because you think your life should be better?
  • Is life difficult right now and you are tempted to pull away from those who follow GOD?
  • Will you put your trust in GOD today in spite of what is going on in your life?


No comments:

Post a Comment