Tuesday, December 18, 2018

No choice but to keep going


Luke 14: 34 “Salt is good; but if the salt has lost its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? 35 It is neither fit for the land nor for the dunghill, but men throw it out. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!”

============

When I left a place I shouldn’t have been in the first place, I was nervous of my surroundings. I could see thugs looking at me so I increased my pace towards the bus. When the bus pulled off without me, I ran shouting “wait.” I kept running at the disappearing target, but I felt like giving up. After the fourth attempt, I finally caught up to the bus. I had no choice.

  • There have been many times when I felt like giving up.
  • There have been many times when I felt defeated.
  • There have been many times when I felt distressed, distracted and dejected.


JESUS doesn’t minimize HIS words when HE speaks to the crowd. HE spoke directly to those who felt like giving up. HE mentions the value of salt which preserves, penetrates and permeates. But when salt loses its power to do so, then what good is it?

  • GOD wants me to keep going especially when I don’t feel like it.
  • GOD wants me to stop looking at the situation and look only at HIM.
  • GOD wants me to keep the salt HE gave me so I can multiply it amongst many.


Saltiness is a multitude of things in my relationship with GOD. It’s bold, overpowering, sometimes subtle, and only a little is needed. It penetrates, melts and keeps things whole. It corrodes, burns and scratches, yet it soothes. But when I give up my saltiness, I can do none of the above. What am I giving my saltiness up for? Nothing.

I mean what am I trading it in for? Nothing. Where else would I turn? Nowhere. GOD wants me to keep my mind focused beyond the current situation and set my eyes permanently on HIM. In spite of the latest sin I just committed, GOD is my forgiver. HE guides me to the truth and that truth is JESUS.

  • Do you feel like giving up?
  • Are you only focused on money or the lack thereof?
  • Is GOD minimized in your life right now because you think HIS grace is insufficient?
  • Will you stop believing in lies and know GOD’s grace is sufficient and you are special to HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment