Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Growing


Luke 13: 18 Then He said, “What is the kingdom of God like? And to what shall I compare it? 19 It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and put in his garden; and it grew and became a large tree, and the birds of the air nested in its branches.”

============

Furious, I stormed into the grocery store. I grabbed whatever I was purchasing and went to the counter. The cashier looked at my face and did not bother to say anything but the amount owed. Silently I paid and left.

  • There are times when I show my anger to many people.
  • There are times when I show my disappointment to many people.
  • There are times when I show my hatred, fear, lust, prejudice and greed to many people.


JESUS describes the kingdom of GOD as a mustard seed planted in a garden. This seed grew and became a large tree for which many birds nested in its branches. How does a seed parable apply to me?

  • GOD says to me “Each day you plant something whether you like it or not.”
  • GOD says to me “You can sow seeds for MY kingdom or sow seeds for yours every day.”
  • GOD says to me “You are MY seed and I plant you where I need you, for the time I need you, and I will grow you into a large tree.”


Each and every day I have a choice to make. I can make people miserable and adversarial or I can choose to be with people and show them GOD is in control in spite of my problems. Even my absence speaks volumes and plants a seed. Once I realize GOD has placed me somewhere for HIS purpose, it makes me think differently.

Wicked people aren’t as wicked and the argument I was about to jump into doesn’t seem worth winning when I choose GOD. Showing GOD’s love is important to HIM. When I choose to do so, especially when I don’t feel like it, HE grows me beyond my belief.

  • What seeds are you growing?
  • Are you making many people miserable around you?
  • Can you choose to have GOD grow you to a point where you are growing other people for HIS purpose on a daily basis?

No comments:

Post a Comment