Monday, December 10, 2018

Too Busy


Luke 13: 34 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, but you were not willing! 35 See! Your house is left to you desolate; and assuredly, I say to you, you shall not see Me until the time comes when you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ 

============

Bored was a mild word for how I felt. With nothing to do, in a town I did not want to live in, I felt stranded more than bored. I got another job and moved. I did this again and again until I was extremely busy. “Would you like to serve the poor and the lost?” someone asked, in so many words. “I’m too busy” I thought to myself.

  • There are times when I am too busy for GOD.
  • There are times when I am too overwhelmed to listen to GOD.
  • There are times when I am too frustrated at others to hear what GOD wants me to say to them.


JESUS feels sad for the society and lifestyle people sought. Instead of being able to hear GOD, they wanted to follow the rich and powerful people of Jerusalem. These ungrateful politicians would kill anyone who stood in the way of their “power.”

  • JESUS cries over me when I forget “I” am made for HIM.
  • JESUS weeps over me when I think “my” life in “mine.”
  • JESUS laments over me when I blame HIM for “my” situation rather than listening to HIM.


“How often I wanted” were the hurt words JESUS uses to express just how deeply concerned HE felt for those who would eventually kill HIM. HE feels the same for me when I seek HIM in my own way, get disappointed and leave HIM, only to fill my life with timewasters.

GOD wants me to seek HIM in spite of my situations. If I am “bored” HE wants me to fill my life with HIM so I can reach others. The same goes for when I am scared, hurt, angry or any other distracted state. GOD loves when I seek HIS people. HE is my healer.

  • Where are you right now?
  • Are you too busy blaming GOD or are you seeking HIM?
  • Will you turn your face to HIM and open your heart to the thankfulness HE has in store for you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment