Thursday, December 6, 2018

But I went to Church


Luke 13: 22 And He went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. 23 Then one said to Him, “Lord, are there few who are saved?”

And He said to them, 24 “Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able. 25 When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open for us,’ and He will answer and say to you, ‘I do not know you, where you are from,’ 26 then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets.’ 27 But He will say, ‘I tell you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.’28 There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves thrust out. 29 They will come from the east and the west, from the north and the south, and sit down in the kingdom of God.30 And indeed there are last who will be first, and there are first who will be last.”

============

Returning back to church was a serious mind-shift. A taste of the “good life” made me want more. When I went, I could feel a bit of a conflict. I enjoyed the sin I was doing and figured I could balance the sin by attending church. I mean, everybody’s a sinner, right?

  • There were times when I sought to be at “church” instead of seeking GOD.
  • There were times when I did “churchy” stuff instead of seeking GOD.
  • There were times when I listened to sermons instead of seeking GOD.


JESUS says the most frightening words in the Bible to me. HE says there are plenty of people who claim to be with HIM yet HE will say “Depart from ME, for I do not know you.” The argument will be, “But we ate the bread and drank the juice of communion and listened to countless sermons.”

JESUS then insisted that people from all over would enter HIS kingdom, but those who sought to be first would not.

  • GOD says to me “Seek MY kingdom even when it is not popular.”
  • GOD says to me “Stop playing “church” and truly seek MY face.”
  • GOD says to me “People are far more important to me than jobs, houses, cars, vacations and worldly pleasure.”


The world says “obtain a lot, eat a lot and pleasure yourself a lot.” Then the world lies and says It’s alright to join the crowd. BUT GOD says, “Seek MY kingdom first.” Each day, I should look for the person GOD has sent to me. If no one is there then I should ask “Who do YOU want me to go to?”

Living for GOD is a very “narrow” decision. It is not gimmicky, nor is it manipulative. GOD wants me to truly give and that doesn’t always mean giving to support salaries. HE wants me to pray and not always for buildings. GOD wants me to seek those who reject HIM. This is a very narrow path. I am grateful for GOD.

  • Are you going to church as a habit or to seek GOD?
  • When you attend church is it to seek the “brand” or to seek the lost?
  • Is GOD asking you to step up to do something entirely different for HIM, yet you are refusing HIS calling?


No comments:

Post a Comment