Thursday, December 20, 2018

Searching for Treasure



Luke 15: “Or what woman, having ten silver coins, if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp, sweep the house, and search carefully until she finds it? And when she has found it, she calls her friends and neighbors together, saying, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found the piece which I lost!’ 10 Likewise, I say to you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”

============

“What is that?” I said to myself as I peered at the cluttered lawn on my way to school. It looked like money so I broke the rule of not stepping on anyone’s grass. To my excitement, I found a dollar! I quickly stuffed it in my pocket and smiled all the way to class. The next day I stared intently in the lawn and the day after and the weeks after that.

  • Three were times when money caught my attention.
  • There were times when I got a little bit of money and it made me search for more.
  • There were times when money made me look for it, seek it and desire to have more of it.


JESUS deepens HIS explanation of lost people by giving another parable. HE illustrates how a woman spent a great amount of time looking for lost money in her house. This analogy was probably used to make the people hear because most could relate to losing money. But money was not the true treasure.

  • GOD wants me to focus on HIM as the true treasure.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIS kingdom as the true treasure.
  • GOD wants me to bring HIS lost sheep and lost coins back to HIM as the true treasure.


People are clearly the true treasure GOD wants everyone to focus on. Those I hate, HE loves so somehow I need to quickly change my mind about what is important. HE values all lives and the more I can do the same the more treasure HE gives me. Prayers and preaching for more cash is sometimes okay, BUT GOD is elated when I ask for healing of my and other’s souls.

  • Are you down because you don’t have money?
  • Do you seek more things to make you happy?
  • Will you take the time to seek GOD’s true treasure which are HIS lost children today?


No comments:

Post a Comment