Thursday, December 13, 2018

Can’t Pay Back


Luke 14: 12 Then He also said to him who invited Him, “When you give a dinner or a supper, do not ask your friends, your brothers, your relatives, nor rich neighbors, lest they also invite you back, and you be repaid. 13 But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind.14 And you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you; for you shall be repaid at the resurrection of the just.”

============

“Here are a pair of shoes” a person said to me. I had worn my shoes down to the point where I had holes in my soles. “Thank you” was all I had to give him in return.

  • There were times when I was given a lot and could not repay.
  • There were times when people gave me a lot but I had nothing to give them.
  • There were times when I stood around with no gift to give yet I was invited to the party.


JESUS tries HIS best to guide the church leaders onto a different path. HE explains that inviting people who can easily repay is not the goal, instead invite those who cannot repay.

  • GOD says to me, “Go. Seek those who cannot do for themselves.”
  • GOD says to me, “Give. Do not seek repayment for money given to those in need.”
  • GOD says to me, “Grow. Be strong enough to leave the rich and support those I want you to serve.”


Help the poor, maimed, lame and blind is what GOD wants me to do. But what about my problems? GOD says “I have sent you help and I desire to make you whole.” My wholeness comes from GOD and HE desires to share HIS healing to those who will accept HIM. The harvest is plentiful, but the laborer’s are few. HE wants me to seek those who cannot repay.

  • Are you in a position where you can celebrate with those in need?
  • Can you take a little of your blessing and give it to someone in need today?
  • Are you the one in need and do not feel like asking for help?
  • Will you ask GOD to deliver people who can supply your need today?


No comments:

Post a Comment