Monday, December 17, 2018

Valuable


Luke 14: 25 Now great multitudes went with Him. And He turned and said to them, 26 “If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple. 27 And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple. 28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it 29 lest, after he has laid the foundation, and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, 30 saying, ‘This man began to build and was not able to finish’? 31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, does not sit down first and consider whether he is able with ten thousand to meet him who comes against him with twenty thousand? 32 Or else, while the other is still a great way off, he sends a delegation and asks conditions of peace. 33 So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple.

============

“Where are they?” I fretted, flustered. With no way to get in touch with the missing DJ I felt “my” reputation melting away. Fortunately I had other, non-DJ related events planned so it wasn’t so bad. After an hour passed someone came to get me saying they had arrived. I was just about to go on stage to lead the step show, but alas, I had to go help the late DJ unload the car. “I wonder if I should pay him!” I was furious.

  • There were times when I wanted to be in the spotlight.
  • There were times when I wanted to be the center of attention.
  • There were times when I wanted to be in control of “my” life so everyone could see what “I” could do.


JESUS says some very blunt words about being HIS disciple. I believe HE is not breeding hatred when HE states “hate everyone, even yourself.” I believe JESUS is speaking about prioritizing “value” in people.

  • GOD wants me to value JESUS over any and everything I can.
  • GOD wants me to see JESUS as all of the answers to any of my problems.
  • GOD wants me to place JESUS over everything in my life.


Life is given from GOD. “My” life is not really “mine” rather it is GOD’s to do as HE pleases. Sometimes the sin in me rages war at this setup. I mean why can’t GOD just do XYZ in “my” life and things would be better. These words usually stem from my blindness towards who is truly in control.

GOD tries to show me over and over that HIS way is better and sometimes I accept HIS loving way. But there are times when I feel sad and lonely and I raise a fist at GOD, angry at HIS methods. GOD forgives my selfish blind times and picks me up anyway. HE is my priority over all.

  • Is your life, “your” life or GOD’s?
  • Do you think other people should be acting different or should you?
  • Can you give your life to GOD to do as HE pleases so HE can be glorified?
  • Will you change your expectations of GOD and allow HIM to rule the day while you offer praise to HIM anyway?


No comments:

Post a Comment