Friday, December 7, 2018

True Power


Luke 13: 31 On that very day some Pharisees came, saying to Him, “Get out and depart from here, for Herod wants to kill You.”

32 And He said to them, “Go, tell that fox, ‘Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.’ 33 Nevertheless I must journey today, tomorrow, and the day following; for it cannot be that a prophet should perish outside of Jerusalem.

============

Threats from a bully ruined yet another day, only this time is frightened the entire school. Somehow, the rumor of another school coming to ours to start fights, was taken seriously. “How am I going to get home?” I thought to myself.

  • There have been many humans who threaten other humans.
  • There have been times when the powerful try to force their power on other humans.
  • There have been situations that seem wildly out of hand.


There were church leaders who believed in JESUS, but feared for HIS life, for they did not truly know who HE was and is. They said “Flee, for Herod wants to kill YOU.” JESUS called Herod a fox and expressed HIS power as GOD. Why didn’t JESUS fear for HIS life?

  • JESUS knew when HE was going to lay HIS life down for me.
  • JESUS knew the date, time and location of HIS death, and still faced it for me.
  • JESUS knew HE had all power, yet HE chose to lay it down for me.


Fire from heaven sounded like a great idea as a quick judgment on Herod’s threat. That’s probably what I would have done. BUT JESUS showed restraint, which is the true power. HE allowed HIS own creation to murder HIM even though HE committed no crime or sin. But what about the bullies I face.

On my walk home, I was scared but I believed I would be protected. The school let us out a few minutes early and I could feel a weight lifted from my fear. Daily it seems like there is a threat on my peace, BUT GOD is there to protect my soul with HIS true power.

  • Are you down?
  • Did humans threaten your plans and now you don’t know what to do?
  • Can you give GOD more credit for loving you and believe HE is protecting you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment