Monday, January 7, 2019

Insignificantly Known


Luke 16: 19 “There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day. 20 But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, 21 desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

============

Holding a conversation with one of the higher ups felt great. I was getting my points in and was balanced in listening. Suddenly the CEO walked in the room and my conversation ended with “Excuse me” from my guest. I watched the distracted person veer away from me to get in position to do what I was doing.

  • There have been many times when I felt insignificant.
  • There have been many times when I was the invisible person in the room.
  • There have been many times when I walked past and looked over.


JESUS tells a recount of a situation between two people. One was not given a name and the other, Lazarus, was a sickly beggar. JESUS used few words to describe how the person, who had plenty, never stopped to give a beggar even a crumb. When they both died, the rich person became the beggar and Lazarus was taken care of.

  • GOD wants me to see those around me who are in need.
  • GOD wants me to understand that when I am in need, HE is there to provide.
  • GOD wants me to know that if I am suffering, I am not so insignificant to HIM that HE won’t stop and listen to me.


Each day I have a choice. I can be blind to my calling and remain nameless to GOD or I can accept HIS purpose and reach those who I am sent to or who HE sends to me. GOD wants me to be the “Crumb giver” and sometimes the “Crumb receiver”, depending on the way HIS blessings flow. All in all, GOD has a plan for me.

  • Which person are you?
  • Do you need help physically, financially, mentally or spiritually?
  • Are you tired of begging?
  • Will you allow GOD to complete HIS purpose in you, knowing your suffering will be rewarded some day?



No comments:

Post a Comment