Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Leaving Home


Luke 18: 21 ‘All these I have kept since I was a boy,’ he said.

22 When Jesus heard this, he said to him, ‘You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.’

23 When he heard this, he became very sad, because he was very wealthy. 24 Jesus looked at him and said, ‘How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God! 25 Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.’

26 Those who heard this asked, ‘Who then can be saved?’

27 Jesus replied, ‘What is impossible with man is possible with God.’

28 Peter said to him, ‘We have left all we had to follow you!’

29 ‘Truly I tell you,’ Jesus said to them, ‘no one who has left home or wife or brothers or sisters or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God 30 will fail to receive many times as much in this age, and in the age to come eternal life.’

============

Arriving on campus gave me no clues that I would not be returning home. I could now stay out as long as I wanted and do what I wanted to do when I wanted to do it. I was free! The first night I began my party life and became “known” on campus.

  • I remember living life with no purpose.
  • I recall fulfilling the few lusts that I had.
  • I reminisce on my life when I was simply wandering and living only for me.


JESUS saw the rich man’s heart and says to him “sell everything” for HE knew the rich man had a lust for money. Those around HIM heard this and may have known they too had this same lust, only they were poor. “Who then can be saved?” they asked.

  • GOD says to me “It is impossible to save yourself, BUT what is impossible with man is possible with GOD.”
  • GOD says to me “Leave your life and accept MY life that has purpose.”
  • GOD says to me “Do not worry about what you will eat or the clothes you will wear, for I will take care of you.”


After yet another party I still felt empty. I wondered if there was more to life. GOD guided me to be by myself with HIM and I slowly let go of my friends and family to begin following HIM. Later in life GOD gave them back to me with abundance. HE is my purpose.

  • What are you holding onto?
  • Is money, job, or a relationship holding you back from truly following GOD?
  • Will you stop chasing what you think is your purpose and allow GOD to give you purpose in your life today?


No comments:

Post a Comment