Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Be Prepared



Luke 17: 22 Then He said to the disciples, “The days will come when you will desire to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and you will not see it. 23 And they will say to you, ‘Look here!’ or ‘Look there!’ Do not go after them or follow them. 24 For as the lightning that flashes out of one part under heaven shines to the other part under heaven, so also the Son of Man will be in His day. 25 But first He must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation. 26 And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: 27 They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. 28 Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built; 29 but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all. 30 Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed.

============

Running to the gate in hopes of catching the plane ended up in true disappointment. I could literally see the plane being pushed away from the gate. A sinking feeling came over me. The fact that I missed my flight was not so permanent, but I was supposed to meet one of the higher ups who was trying to land a huge account. I had stayed up late preparing and overslept.

  • I have missed buses because I was late.
  • I have missed trains because I was late.
  • I have missed planes because I was late.


JESUS warns the disciples about human history, except HIS examples were extreme. During the times of Noah, the people had turned from GOD. The people of Sodom did the same. In both accounts, JESUS mentions their destruction. The people stopped being prepared and fell asleep.

  • GOD wants me to remain awake towards HIS love each and ever day.
  • GOD wants me to look for JESUS’ return every day.
  • GOD wants me to be prepared for HIS return by looking for HIS lost people each and every day.


Falling asleep on GOD is easy to do. I mean when things are going well, I have a tendency to pray less and sometimes forget HE is even there. Even when I go through difficult times, I forget that GOD loves me with extreme love. GOD wants me to be prepared for bad times and good. HE wants me to understand that HIS everlasting love never fails.

  • Have you fallen asleep on GOD?
  • Do you want to force HIM to reveal HIMSELF to you the way “you” want?
  • Will you wake up and get prepared by seeking people who need to hear the message of GOD today?



No comments:

Post a Comment